I'm in Devon and I see the same thing although whether it is just the SW I
don't know.

The Streetview tiles (as I see them in JOSM) are all offset to the SE by
5-10 metres. I've converted some woods in my area from the VectorDistrict
data using this process,

    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Using_OS_Shapefiles

and the converted data looks good to me compared to my previous surveys but
comes out different to the tiles, so I'm thinking that the tiles are wrong.

Kevin