On 22/07/10 16:25, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
Ed Avis wrote:
As an aside, I think the 'source' tag is a bit misconceived; it would make
much more sense to tag source on the changeset, not on each object it
touches.
Only if you solely use one source per changeset. I'll typically use at least
a mix of NPE, OS OpenData, GPS survey and personal knowledge, and sometimes
more.
I tend to do the same - although if I have a track for a road that was previously source = "not survey" I will generally modify it to match the tracks and either delete the source tag or edit it to be source=survey

Although I don't think I'm consistent.  What do people tend to do?

One I did recently is http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/4981553/history and shows the evolution of what is initially a traced name = FIXME into a fully surveyed way by 4 people over nearly 3 years :)

Although this is a good case of where an area appears done and so I didn't visit it, until the the OS comparsion stuff came out. At which point I've discovered lots of missing stuff.

Cheers
Chris

--
e: m...@chrisfleming.org