On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 18:58 +0100, Kevin Peat wrote:
> Well I find it encouraging that people are using OSM otherwise what is
> the point of us making it? The fact they are too stupid to work a
> satnav is probably true as most members of the crowd are unfortunately
> idiots. The mapdust folks just need to take that into account by
> stopping people raising bugs with no descriptions or vague bug types.

I think it is unfair to blame the general public for what appears to be
bad design on the part of Skobbler. They put a "report a bug" button on
the user interface of their iPhone app and that is what people are doing
(however badly). Unfortunately, rather than routing those bugs to their
tech support team and then promoting the relevant issues to the OSM
community they seem to have decided to dump the whole lot on us. I'm at
a loss to work out what they expect me to do about bugs like "Great app.
Was working fine, but no longer tracking my route. Alec.".

> Despite that I have picked up a couple of missing turn restrictions
> and some missing speed limits in my area so I think it has value even
> if you have to search for it.

I'm glad you've managed to find some wheat amongst the chaff, personally
I gave up looking a long time ago.

Cheers,

Andy