Aidan,

On 27 Feb 2013 09:04, "Andy Allan" <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please don't load this data into OpenStreetMap. It's not a good idea.

100% agree with Andy. To be acceptable your script would need to do at
least as good a job as mappers could do by hand which I don't think is
possible with only centroids being available. It's easy for a person to
look at a postcode overlay and spot that a postcode just applies to one
side of a street but I don't see how your script can do this with any
degree of confidence.

What I would like to see is a tool (similar to ITO's OS Locator
reconciliation) to encourage people to add more postcodes.

Kevin