On 12/08/2014 22:46, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Tom Hughes wrote:

On 12/08/14 20:18, Rob Nickerson wrote:

Example 1

Flat 2
8 Something Road,
Town,
addr:flatnumber=2
I actually have used addr:flat here before (and addr:unit for slightly
related things in like parades).

cheers,
Derick

I have occasionally used addr:flat when tagging the entrance to a single flat, but usually use addr:flats. I did use addr:flatnumber originally but changed to addr:flats as that seems to have become more widely accepted.

For what it's worth, there is a wiki page for addr:flats at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:flats The information there seems correct to me, although I might add that flat numbers can sometimes be letters or even names. I have tagged real examples like:
addr:flats = 1-5;The Garden Flat;The Penthouse

Cheers,
Will