On 12/08/14 20:18, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> So... how do people tag UK addresses?
>
> The standard for representing addresses in Britain is BS7666, which
> comprises:
>
> * Primary addressable object name (PAON),
> * Secondary addressable object name (SAON),
> * street,
> * postcode,
> * locality (if available),
> * town,
> * county
>
> This combination of PAON and SAON allows them to do easily capture
> addresses such as:

It STILL irritates me that in some places every building gets the full
list of entries. In which ever country of the world. In the UK the
'addressable object' data + postcode is all that is required since the
rest can be cloned from the postcode - or some other unique ID for the
related object. The structure should support this method of working and
then editors could pull up matching data where necessary.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL