Robert W wrote:
>I think those are all good. From a personal point of view (and to
>allow more flexibility if we want to) I'd also like to see:
>
>* Something more explicit to allow the group to create / support /
>encourage the use of tools to improve OpenStreetMap data in the UK.
>(The first point above could be read as just focusing on the mappers,
>rather than the wider aim of improving the data by any other means.)
>
><snip>

Hi Robert,

I think your first point is already covered in Brian's first. As a general
note (as I was getting confused whilst discussing this at the mapping event
last week) the aim here is to get a high level set of aims. To test them
you should ask yourself "does my project idea fit within the aims". In this
case I think tools to improve data ("the project") would be one solution to
the "keep them motivated [...] to improve [...] OpenStreetMap data" in
Brian's first point. To use the earlier phrase Get, Train, Retain (or
Obtain, Train, Retain if you prefer :-) ) then this would be part of the
Retain strategy. Shout out if you disagree and I may be incorrectly
interpreting.

Your other point on data users is a good one. I'll let others weigh in with
their views but I was also thinking that "facilitate the [...} contribution
of data [...] to OSM" is needed. This is the "promote the release of
OpenData" but put in a way that also covers other data sets. I like your
wording here.

Best,
*Rob*