On 2 November 2017 13:23:53 GMT+00:00, ael <law_ence....@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 01:02:13PM +0000, Dave F wrote:
>> >
>> > o Another is railways - I'm guessing you'd want to remove the
>rendering
>> > of dismantled railways, and also possibly abandoned ones,
>
>But please render existing bridges: these are quite common in Cornwall
>and are highly significant particulary where they cross roads.
>Just because the railway is dismantled or abandoned does not mean the
>bridges have magically evaporated.

+1

The embankments, cuttings and trackbed have not evaporated either. Their
presence on the map is useful for rural navigation (ROW still climb disused
embankments and cutting), and they are potential routes for ROW improvement
projects which start by staring at a map so let's make OSM useful for this
purpose.

With 2026 looming we need to avoid hiding useful countryside information.

Phil (trigpoint)