I too disagree with intentionally ignoring outdated information.

However, we cannot know from our armchairs whether a store is disused but
still signed, disused with all signage removed, demolished, or replaced by
another business. Because if this we cannot fix the map merely by deleting
the relevant shops. That is replacing a blatant errors in the map with less
obvious ones.

So I'd support a mechanical edit adding fixme tags, but not mass deletion

Kind regards,

Adam