On 05/05/18 23:41, Rob Nickerson wrote:
If an old sign still exists then this should be mapped *as a sign* not as a shop.

With a number of other closures around here, premisses are remaining empty for a LONG time, and with no one taking over the buildings remain as they were, just not open. If I am using the map to navigate, and the place I want is 'around the back of X' then the building X is what I am looking for. UNTIL the building identity changes to some new use it should be mapped as it appears. If the signage is taken down then rather than 'shop-closed-ToyRUs' it should change to 'shop-closed' but I don't see much movement on signage being taken down on other closed businesses? So we maintain the accurate mapping ... and map what is seen.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL