On 24/05/2019 10:43, Gregory Marler wrote:
What is going on with landuse=farmland, and what are we going to do?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dfarmland

With regard to tagging, I agree with a lot of what you say there, but I suspect that the first thing to do is to talk to the wiki editor about it.  It may be that they thought that they were just changing the wiki in line with actual usage, it may be that they've actually discussed it with lots of other people elsewhere first (just not visible at first glance to me).

For international tagging discussions the tagging list is probably the best* mailing list, but it's probably worth also mentioning on the wiki talk page for the tag too (and maybe the talk page for the wiki editor).

Best Regards,

Andy

* or maybe "least worst" - there's a discussion there about how terrible mailing list discussions are compared to controlled spaces on the tagging list at the moment - but that's more to do with what happens when people who don't agree (and don't even agree how to talk about things) encounter people who don't agree with each other.