On Friday, 19 July 2019 13:30:48 BST Martin Wynne wrote:
> On 19/07/2019 12:55, David Woolley wrote:
>
> > (As a variation on the last point, one of my pet hates, these days, is
> > how few houses now have house numbers in the UK.  It make it difficult
> > to give accurate locations for fly tips
>
> Have you seen: https://what3words.com/
[...]

"3. Rights in what3words Materials and your licence to use them

 3.1 We are the owner or licensee of all of the what3words Materials and all
   Intellectual Property Rights in the what3words Materials. You acknowledge
   that in being permitted to use the Site and the what3words Materials as set
   out in these Terms the Intellectual Property Rights are licensed (not sold)
   to you, and that you have no other rights in, or to, the Intellectual
   Property Rights and nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to grant you any
   right, title or interest in the what3words Materials or any of the
   Intellectual Property Rights in the what3words Materials.
etc, etc."

I think you can guess the rest!

Andy.