On Fri, 2019-07-19 at 15:06 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:

> > > That doesn't follow - in the UK we have always (with very rare
> > > exceptions like Oxford High Street) mapped secondary, primary and
> > > trunk to the official status of the road.
> >
> > You seem to be rejecting the original proposal.  I was analysing
> > the
> > case where the original proposal is accepted, and therefore the
> > official
> > status must be ignored if it is not signposted.
>
> Well I'm not entirely sure what the true status is since the road
> hasn't been identified and OS OpenData seems to be being used as
> the source of truth which wouldn't be my first choice.
>
> Philip seemed to be saying that this was genuinely a white
> signed A road (or at least that OpenData says it is) and hence
> that it is a primary although he apparently prefers it to be
> tertiary.
>
> You then followed up by saying that the logical consequence
> of it being a primary (which I was assuming was correct) was
> that nothing was tertiary, which didn't seem  to make much
> sense to me
>
> Perhaps if the road was identified it would be a more productive
> discussion...

As the sabristi have already discovered this one, and the OSM edits
appear linked to Sabre Wiki edits, I will identify it.

In this case I am concentrating on A5191 (Coleham Head, Belle Vue Road,
Hereford Road) https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.70122/-2.74811

Not a primary on the ground as can be seen on mapillary.

As Richard says this is legally a primary route, but the Highway
Authority have chosen not to promote it as a primary route, it is
signed at both ends as Belle Vue.

The Meole Brace end sign is
http://trigpoint.myzen.co.uk/photodump/HerefordRoadSign.png

The signed primary route is via Hazledine Way, Pritchard Way and Old
Potts Way.

Phil (trigpoint)