On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:25:24AM +0000, Devonshire wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, at 2:08 AM, Warin wrote:
> > On 17/3/20 8:02 am, ael wrote:
>
> The inability to mark an object's location as "authorititive" has always
> seemed like a massive shortcoming of the project to me. Stopping people
> re-aligning things based on a bad phone GPS or badly aligned aerial imagery
> is impossible and even realising that things have been incorrectly moved is
> random at best.

I agree entirely and have often wished for exactly that. I sometimes use
source=gps_surveys  (plural) to try to convey that this is not just one
random gps trace.

In this case, I just had source=gps_survey.

I too regret the awful smartphone (and satnav) gps traces which suggest
all gps is rubbish. I try not to upload any gps which is not reasonably
accurate. And add a note if the gps quality is poor when it still has
value, perhaps because there are no other traces in the area.

I suppose that we ought to start a discussion on the tagging list to
suggest
  source:accuracy = low|medium|high|differential
or some such.

ael