On 09/04/2020 09:19, Tony OSM wrote:
Thanks to Andy for highlighting this.

If the data is to be in the public domain the next step has to be tagging.
As someone who has been using this data internally for clients who are the councils who have been providing it TO the charged for services I'm pleased that now I will not have to worry about linking that data to OSM data.

Do we need country specific tags for these two pieces of data?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref:NPLG:UPRN:1
has existed for a while, but the matching Key:ref:NPLG:UPSN:1 doesn't as yet. Personally I think this style is messy and a GB/UK element would make sense ... and actually identifying that this is United Kingdom related in the wiki page would be helpful!

What should they be?

Do we need a wiki for them , where?  I'll summarise the answers and create a wiki page if someone tells me where to place it - a UK specific page or section?

Any traction in creating tools to help populating any new tags?
It will be nice to see just what level if data is provided on the public feed when it becomes available. The level and accuracy of the data IS very much dependent on the level of effort that each council puts in, with some providing the full details of the land area described while others only provide a location reference. So there will be some problems producing a 'generic' tool to add UPRN tags to buildings and land plots. USN references should be a lot easier to automatically merge since the street name provided via OS data sets is the same one as used in USPN ... or should be ...

Could this be a subject for a discussion as the probably virtual OSM AGM?

This is just a United Kingdom discussion currently although as I understand it a few other countries do have something similar so a common country based tag for 'Property Reference' and 'Street Reference' may be a valid subject. But UPRN and USN seem right anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL