I think access=permissive could have unfortunate consequences for motor
vehicle routing, unless routers ignore highway=footway|cycleway anyway.

Some of these paths should probably have motor_vehicle=private added
(together with some gates and removable/rising bollards), as maintenance
and event vehicles do use them.