Having surveyed thousands of addresses in SW London, I've done a quick
compare and it looks pretty good to me. Sure there are the odd case
here and there where buildings have changed, but for the many parts of
London with Victorian to 1930s housing stock, this will be mostly
accurate. Just comparing the general order from low to high odds/evens
is useful. Plus for hard to access private streets its great. As a
warning though, it does not align perfectly with the Bing offset I'm
using.

Is there anyone with "authority" that can state this is OK to use, and
what source tag to use?

Stephen