On 12/12/2020 12:34, Martin Wynne wrote:
A common situation is that a service road/driveway continues as a track beyond the initial residential destination. This is common on farms.

On the standard map at zoom level 15, driveways are not shown. But tracks and footpaths are. This seems counter-intuitive in that driveways are usually wider and more substantially surfaced than farm tracks.

The result is that a track, and sometimes a footpath, appears to start in the middle of nowhere.

An example of that is at:

What is the process for getting something done about this?

I wouldn't tag that as a driveway. I'd tag it as a track or a service road. That's not tagging for the renderer, it's tagging according to common usage. A driveway, these days, at least in the UK, generally means a short section of off-street parking attached to an urban dwelling. Out in a rural area, nearly everybody would call that length of road, especially one that links a public highway with private farm tracks, a track or access road.

The wiki seems to agree with me in this scenario, saying that "It is rare for a driveway to be the way to access another roadway". If it is the access to another roadway extending beyond it (eg, a farm track) then it's not a driveway, it's an access road and should be tagged accordingly.

Mark