On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik....@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>wrote:

>> > I will put a disclaimer - I just saw 'Azad Kashmir' on the map.
>> >

>> btw - where is the disclaimer? or do you have the text for a disclaimer?
>>

> Sorry the disclaimer is on the Template box and additional notes below. Put
> it out on your source control. We can work it out and put one. You must be
> able to get a better one being a lawyer.
>
> "The frontiers depicted on the Indian maps in <s>*Wikipedia*</s> OSM are
> from a neutral point of view and may differ from official government map of
> India,<s> *Pakistan and China.*</s> Please consult local laws governing
> publication of maps before usage."

On a slightly related note, Since the map is editable by anyone and we may
not have the time to look at OSM data day in and day out, we must put some
additional disclaimers "about editable map" so disclaimer will be complete
covering an act of editing by some chinese guy / govt editing OSM to claim
arunachal pradesh.

--
Regards
Srikanth.L