(I didn’t write new topic even there was big difference with topic title
because Max raised naming issue in this thread. Is it better to start new
thread?)

By the way, official Romanized form of 경복궁 is Gyeongbokgung (
https://www.korean.go.kr/front/page/pageView.do?page_id=P000150&mn_id=99 )
and official English name is Gyeongbokgung Palace. There are instructions
related English translation; 공공 용어의 영어 번역 및 표기 지침 (English translation and
marking instructions of public terms,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H3vA9-nLFkQWNLYjJsN00tRG8/view?usp=sharing)
and 문화재명칭 영문표기 기준 규칙 (English marking instruction of culture properties,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H3vA9-nLFkai1VZUEyRnNXVTA/view?usp=sharing)
. I uploaded them into Google Drive because they were written in HWP and
hardly see it without a commercial software.

My concern is not that case, because  there exist differences between
translated form and Romanized form.

Then, how to treat name of places like 서울, 인천, 부산, ….? I saw Seoul,
Incheon, and Busan at name:en tags. However they are truly English? Aren’t
just Romanized forms? If they are not English, then is it OK to delete
name:en tag? Where does criteria exists dividing them? I don’t have idea
and it look like I won’t have.

That was reason that I suggested to write down Romanized form of
non-composite place name into name:en. It will reduce complexity of finding
proper tag name as well as helps non-Korean speaking people because many
renderers call-backed into name:en rather than name:ko_rm or name:ko_latn.
They can get readable characters without special care of Korean for
renderers (apologize for missing describe on non-composite place name. I
used it to describe names like 서울, 인천, 부산, …)