Hi,

I was just looking for somewhere for some visiting friends to stay when they
arrive from Hong Kong during Chinese New Year. I was looking for somewhere in
Zambales, and of course while I was looking I had a copy of OSM open.

It occured to me as I was browsing some of the resorts, that this would be a
good way to get more people hooked in. All the resorts have bad instructions on
how to get there, and most of them are in fairly remote areas. So, if we were
to approach them and suggest that they make sure their bit of the Philippines
is "on the map", then they can use OSM as a resource on their websites, to make
sure that customers (especially ones with GPS!) can find them.

How about communally drafting out an email which would persuasively put the
case to them, and making it available here? Then we could all just cut and
paste it into an email whenever we come across a likely site, and spread the
word.

Of course this approach isn't limited to just accommodation or tourist related
businesses ...

Jim

--
   datalude: information security