Great idea!

Feel free to improve this for the Philippine setting:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Weekend_mapping_projects/Form_letters

Some tips in writing press releases:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Writing_a_press_release

> It occured to me as I was browsing some of the resorts, that this would be a
> good way to get more people hooked in. All the resorts have bad instructions
> on how to get there, and most of them are in fairly remote areas. So, if we
> were to approach them and suggest that they make sure their bit of the
> Philippines is "on the map", then they can use OSM as a resource on their
> websites, to make sure that customers (especially ones with GPS!) can find
> them.

Some resorts are in Ed's webpage:
www.waypoints.ph

Maybe Ed can also help us with contacts.  Informal/personal/social
contacts sends the message across a lot easier.

--
cheers,
maning