Excellent!  The ability to use OSM data as a national search and location
resource for overseas tourism promotion provides a serious demonstration of the
value of what we are doing.

I've mapped in each and every Boracay hotel and just used tourism=hotel but any
other information, even if you invent your own tags is always useful. It is
nice to know if I am booking my family into a resort not a short-time hotel :-)

I do not know if it is practical for you but another suggestion is to provide
as much supplementary information as possible.  It is very easy to write
scripts to pull out a list of hotels for an area someone is interested in if
this sort of tagging is used:

tourism=hotel
name=The Nice Hotel
is_in:country=Philippines