hey! just thinking aloud here. i know we have our osm map. and we also have
the 10m elevation contour map of the country. what if... we can consolidate
the two. in maning's page (http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin)
there is already an osm map with contour. i havent checked it yet but the
note says it is only metro manila map and it might get too cluttered.

maybe, we can, put osm map for the whole country, and then put contour maps
for special places/mountains like apo, kanlaon, pulag, mayon, et.al. im not
sure how this can be implemented but maybe, just maybe there is a way to put
contour maps (just for certain areas where it can be useful) with street
maps from osm.

this will eliminate me having to put two maps in my gpsr and
enabling/disabling the mamp whic is needed/not needed.

just a suggestion guys :)

--
Rem Zamora
0916-55-11-407