Maybe you have to put roles forward_stop and backward_stop to stops if it's
1 relation for 1 line. It seems most stops have no roles at all Anyway you
should also order the relations members by type ways - nodes for stops.
Or the problem might be the fact that some stops are railway = halt and some
other railway = tram_stop?
Anyway check a working example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/365296 - Line SIR1 network APS
Mobilità