On 01/26/2011 08:43 AM, Wojciech Kulesza wrote:

> Just compare your relation with the working one :)
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/361959
> On first sight i'm wondering why you are mixing "railway=halt" and
> "railway=tram_stop"? Isn't all of it a tram line? Additionally you are
> missing "from=" and "to=" in your relation.
>
> Claudius

This was maybe not clear from my first email. I was not the author of those relations. I simply used openstreetbrowser.org <http://openstreetbrowser.org> project to identify already-existing relations for trams/buses in Poznan/Poland and used them in that OSM API.

Is there anything i can do in order to get them in the correct format? I already got involved in some editing of OSM, through Portlach (flashbased tool), but this was more on adding some missing escalators and fixing non-connected islands in case of intersections.
I had to experiment a while to get my relations to be displayed the way I wanted; if I remember correctly, you need to: * tag your relation as type=route; route=light_rail/subway/tram/bus (note that route=trolleybus is not supported, you'll get "No relation found")
* set the ref=* and network=* tags correctly
* not sure if you also need from=* and to=* but for sure it doesn't hurt (and the values get displayed, so it'll look better if you have them)
* add your stops with role=stop and make sure they're sorted correctly.

There seem to be some restrictions on the stops and their tagging. As long as all stops are single nodes (not areas) and tagged as one of the following:
* railway=station
* railway=tram_stop
* highway=bus_stop
* public_transport=stop_position

you should be fine. (Note that amenity=bus_station does not work.)

This will also work for lines mapped with two relations (or even four for Y-shaped relations).

Michael