Sorry about Finland. I havent looked why Helsinki only came half out. I load
the GTFS into their own DB before then decanting into the big merged one after
reduction, this was a major design breakthrough. But the public gtfsloader is
failing on stuff, including all of Switzerland!. I am sure both the Swiss and
Finnish data is as good as you are likely to get.I am happy to release the code
if I can see worth and can find some collaboration. I've got this
block-streaming pattern. I was constantly writing loops reading blocks,
processing blocks, then outputting them. Apart from it being a pain with
everything being asynchronous, once I invented Blockster so you just give
methods for read, transform and write, and set block sizes so you can leather
mysql with massive insert statements but not break the max block size, I could
apply this to all ELEVEN phases, and it was easier to tweak improvements and
move these processes about. It runs pretty good, even a monster GTFS is only an
hour or so. though thanks to that have also to go to overpass, graphhopper and
geojsonvt which are preposterously fast.Of course I'd like to serve the tiles.
I think any travel app would benefit from having the local transport
highlighted so you can see why that hotel is so cheap. Any local transit
provider can have their entire transport network mapped. Indeed I just did all
of Sweden, so if anyone knows anyone in the Swedish Government Department of
Transport, tell them they owe me for building a universal map of the massive
project they mounted to get the entire country's GTFS done, but also thank them
for the data. That applies to Holland and Estonia too. But I will need friends
to make the biz side happen. Right now I use my own if you like personal cloud
box, and my good buddies at OpenCage lend me another, and let me whack it up to
32GB if I am doing indexing. Part of my task this year is to slide stuff around
between these two, use one as pure mysql so I can utilize as much of the 5TB as
possible, it should be enough to get all known GTFS on. This is obviously
ridiculous messing about but I havent found anyone offering support, well just
one outfit and they were cheeky and were actually offering nothing, indeed he
wanted an SLA!.
    On Monday, 27 January 2020, 00:47:44 GMT+7, Teemu Ikonen