At 2010-04-22 13:33, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
 >On 22 April 2010 17:40, Apollinaris Schoell <ascho...@gmail.com> wrote:
 >> On 21 Apr 2010, at 17:12 , andrzej zaborowski wrote:
 >>> The signs are posted there by authorities so this is similar to having
 >>> access to a tiny piece of a map or database made by these authorities.
 >>> For maps people usually agreed on this list that we don't trust them.
 >>>

 >> are you saying authorities are wrong and we should correct what they
are doing and follow tiger or USPS standards instead?

 >I'm saying we should name the objects what they're called, not what it is
written as in somebody's database.

"what they're called", though, may indeed be from "somebody's database",
when that database is the county recorder's or assessor's. The recorder, in
particular, should be the truth by definition, except when you can see that
there's an obvious mistake and can confirm it with them.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>