On 7/19/10 3:52 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
* Alex Mauer<ha...@hawkesnest.net>  [2010-07-19 14:23 -0500]:
The wiki says[1] that refs should include US:[two-letter state
abbreviation].  That should make it pretty simple.
The wiki says that's optional, and in my experience no one does it
(probably because it looks horrid with the current rendering).
in upstate NY, it's been done both ways.
The wiki also explicitly says that you should use the two-character postal
abbreviation for the state the road is in, but that seems to have been
disregarded in states where a different prefix (like SR) is normally
used.  (To be fair, there's a lot of other stuff people have done with the
ref tags on state roads, including not having any network identifiers and
putting the number in parentheses.)

and we should work towards a consistent system; i understand the notion of
local convention and all that, but it makes rendering a living hell.

richard