On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Val Kartchner <val...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I've had a dispute with another local mapper in Utah about this
> very issue: How to tag state routes.  It has been brought up on this
> list twice already, with no resolution.  The discussion dies rather
> quickly  This one will go the same way, a lot of talk but no resolution.

Until Mapnik starts rendering shields, which Mapquest showed us is
possible (and probably not rendering state route shields except as
ovals/rounded rectangles, but we'll see). It's usually a good idea to
tag correctly for the renderer (as opposed to tagging equally
correctly but not in a way the renderer supports).