WRT to the FGDC address data standard.

The capacity to connect related addresses (aliases, alternate names and
historic names) together is an important feature.

Carl Anderson
cander...@spatialfocus.com
carl.ander...@vadose.org
(sent from my phone)

On Aug 11, 2010 9:28 AM, "Lord-Castillo, Brett" <
blord-casti...@stlouisco.com> wrote:
> In the midst of all this discussion of prefixes, suffixes, abbreviations,
and directions...
> I just want to point out that the federal address standard has passed
through the public comment period and is now in committee review. It is
expected to become a federal regulation in early 2011.
> http://www.urisa.org/about/initiatives/addressstandard
> This is a federal address -data- standard encompassing the required
government formats for address data for all possible address formats used in
the United States and US territories. The USPS has already developed a new
address profile to conform to this standard (basically a extension to ISO
19106 and Publication 28). The Census has signed on as well, and the next
version of TIGER will likely implement the FGDC proposal.
> The standard is presented as a tag based model expressed in xml. It would
probably be a serious mistake to ignore it. It actually directly addresses
(in address data content) all of the issues that are getting hashed over
here, and quite a few that have not been brought up yet (like dual and quad
number addresses).