I understand that idea. But TigerLine 2010 starts releasing in December, with
every state released by February. The main difference between your proposal and
adopting the address standard would be that directional and type prefixes and
suffixes would be broken out from each other and from informational prefixes
and suffixes. That's a small subset of streets to worry about, but it will mean
that streets will actually match up to the new tiger data, rather than having
to manually rematch all of those.

Or, we could just forgot about using TigerLine 2010, which I think would be a
mistake.

Brett Lord-Castillo
Information Systems Designer/GIS Programmer
St. Louis County Police
Office of Emergency Management
14847 Ladue Bluffs Crossing Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63017