Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:48:05 -0400
From: Anthony <o...@inbox.org>
To: Antony Pegg <anttheli...@gmail.com>
Cc: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] What would you want done with TIGER 2010?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Antony Pegg <anttheli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What would you like to see done (or NOT see done) with TIGER 2010 as regards
> OSM when it is released?

Nothing on a grand scale.  A TIGER import into a pretty much blank map
is a great thing.  A TIGER import into the current OSM, isn't going to
work.

On a smaller scale, I don't know.  Pretty much all the TIGER data I've
ever seen is surpassed in quality by local county/state data.  So if
you're going to import county by county, why bother with TIGER?

On the other hand, TIGER 2010 might be great for the CommonMap
project. (http://commonmap.info/)