On 5/27/2011 9:51 PM, Nathan Mills wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2011 12:17:53 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
Also, I don't know how major a road between Dumas, TX and Texline, TX
really is. If it weren't a US highway, I'd probably demote it all the
way to secondary.

It's on the National Highway System, meaning the FHWA considers it to
be a major road. It's probably the best route between Kansas City and
Albuquerque.

I'm going to assume you mean 'best non-Interstate route'. Most of it
isn't even four laned yet, although Texas has some of it under
construction. Same goes for the segment between Clayton, NM and I-25,
although there New Mexico is upgrading the road to four lane divided in
one whack. Which, as an aside, makes for one incredibly long
construction zone.

I mean best route, period. There's no diagonal Interstate there.

You seem to be arguing for using physical characteristics for trunk. But I (and some other mappers) don't see why this is necessary. Hence no consensus.