On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Nathan Mills <nat...@nwacg.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2011 00:13:33 -0400, Anthony wrote:
>> If you want to get people to tag "more than two lanes" and "a
>> barely-existent shoulder", I think you'd have much more success
>> creating tags for those features than convincing people that their
>> area of the country isn't allowed to have any trunks.
>
> That's quite the misrepresentation of what I'm saying.

It was an exact quote.

> Again, my point is
> that trunk is much more useful (especially to people using rendered mapnik
> tiles) if it is mainly restricted to four lane divided sorts of roads here
> in the US.

And my point is 1) that you aren't going to convince people to do
that; and 2) that if you could convince people to tag the number of
lanes, you'd be better off having them use a tag which says the number
of lanes.

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Nathan Mills <nat...@nwacg.net> wrote:
> US-441 between St. Cloud and Yeehaw Junction could easily be trunk by NE2's
> definition (and apparently yours, although you haven't really indicated how
> exactly it should be used)

I indicated how trunk should be used in my first post to this thread.
When you've got a non-motorway, and you want mapnik to color the road
green, and show it at z5, you use trunk.