I'm looking through a situation that is clearly frustrating data
consumers right now based on California-area Mapdust submissions.  In
California, carpool lanes are seperated by a painted median.  I added
these extra roadways along the Ronald Reagan freeway to address a
reported bug regarding HOVs missing an exit because the HOV exit for
that ramp is miles beforehand.  And this was stomped completely in
Changeset 8924062.

Another mapdust bug related to poor HOV definition appeared earlier this
week, which reminded me about this issue.

There seems to be contention of whether or not legally seperate roadways
using the same pavement as a cost-cutting measure should be tagged as
such.  I'm of the opinion that they should be, as this is an exceedingly
common situation in California, especially since not having hard medians
(ie, quadruple-solid-orange centerlines, or solid white-orange-orange in
the case of a median seperating same-direction traffic) should be tagged
the same as a soft median, as in both cases, the median is not
typically crossable.