On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:
> There are several things we can do together to minimize the data loss
> and ensure a smooth changeover to the new license:
> * Contact mappers who have declined or not agreed yet.

I've heard this theme over and over again, that the majority of
undecided users have likely just changed email addresses, and aren't
even aware that their contributions are going to be lost. Why don't we
try and do a little PR campaign? Make up a press release, and at least
try and get some of the nerd-friendly sites (Slashdot comes to mind)
to carry a prominent article/post with a catchy headline like "Ever
contributed to OpenStreetMap? If you don't act by April 1 your work
will be lost". Create a simple list of the names of undecided users so
people can quickly search for usernames they typically use, in case
they forgot. Who knows, this might catch a lot of people.

-Josh