On 4/16/2012 8:56 PM, Alan Mintz wrote:
So, we're basically duplicating the existing way and then "blessing" it.
Is this really sufficient - to verify the "tainted" geometry instead of
re-drawing it?
Only if the nodes are clean.

Another point, at least in SoCal, is that many of our "tainted" ways are
created by "blars", who has not accepted the CT. However, these are
TIGER-imported ways. They carry the TIGER tags. I'm sure they could be
verified as having come from the TIGER import. They were no-doubt the
result of having split an existing TIGER way. In this case, why is it
not sufficient to see the TIGER tags on the way to consider it "blessed"
along with all the other TIGER ways? Especially when tagged afterwards
by accepting mappers with sources as above?
Because the OSMF is lazy and wants us to do the work in identifying false positives :)