What's frustrating about distinguishing between useful & not useful data
imports is that there isn't much information available on the wiki & other
documentation about how to distinguish between the two.

At least, I haven't been able to find much of the good information that's
in the minds of the old-timers and the comments of this thread on the wiki
or other documentation.

So... people can take the time to come up with what they think is a good
idea, to go looking for guidance, to follow what guidelines are available,
to prep data, to find what seem to be relevant & comparable past imports,
and then be told in email that what they've been working on is
unacceptable.

I think this problem is fixable by transferring this knowledge onto the web
pages, which is what some of us are trying to do with the wiki.

In the mean time, I'm saying it can be frustrating to follow every rule you
can find and then to be told you're still doing something incorrectly.

FWIW, I'm also sympathetic to the frustrations of people who end up
cleaning up after the imports that do go awry.

- Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas