Those pages certainly say that Farm to Market Roads and Ranch to Market
Roads exist. I don't see anywhere that says they are part of the same
network, or that all Ranch to Market Roads are actually Farm to Market
Roads, or vice versa.

Additionally, Urban Roads are certainly not part of the same network
because different laws apply to them. They are eligible for state
maintenance but must use local funding for expansion.

I'm not seeing why this is that big of an issue. It seems quite clear to me
that TxDOT refers to FM and RM as two separate (but similar) things, and it
is my opinion that they should be tagged as such in OSM.