James, all,

Work on JOSM is underway, and should be finished by the end of this week.
I don't think I fully understand what you're trying to convey about
the local/express lanes, but I think we should ensure that both JOSM
and iD support cardinal directions with any :extension.

I did make significant edits to the wiki page to capture the
discussion and move ambiguous parts out of the way, but the
north;south bit is not mine and I actually don't think it's a great
idea - can't we just have role=north being concurrent with the OSM way
direction? Or is that an oversimplification?

Martijn

Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/
http://openstreetmap.us/