Hi,

On 09/02/2014 05:27 AM, Nick Hocking wrote:
> I beleive that it's absolutely essential (from
> safety and useability perspectives) to immediately mark all these
> uncertain ways as unroutable.

> A bot could do this easily and then it really doesn't matter how long it
> takes to find the best solution.

Why not simply agree on the criteria for identifying "unroutable roads"
and publish them suitably, so that those who run routing engines can
decide for themselves. It should be trivial to adapt a router's graph
preparation step to ignore routes that match the criteria.

Marking a road access=no without knowing whether it exists or what kind
of surface or access restriction it has in reality sounds not like OSM
to me. If you are so unsure about their existence, then you may need to
simply remove the highway attribute...

Bye
Frederik