On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:39 PM Paul Johnson

> Only place I've known this to be true is California.  Everywhere else I've
> been, it either reverts to a highway parking area (midwest) or a public
> access scale (northwest) when trucks aren't required to stop, and when
> trucks are required to stop, access is still generally granted to the
> public to use the amenities available

I don't think that's the case in Wisconsin or Ontario/Quebec. When closed,
these stations always look completely deserted, and when they're open, I
only ever see trucks in there. But maybe that's just because nobody knows
that you're allowed to drive in there? It's certainly not covered in the WI
drivers handbook.

 Harald.