> In continuing mapping destination tag on highways based on Mapillary
> imagery, I've come across the problem of how to tag weigh stations on
> Interstate highways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weigh_station). I
> haven't found anything in the wiki, and I don't know enough how they work
> to come up with reasonable tagging.

some years ago, scales have been discussed on the mailing list, but it
doesn't seem if this has lead to a lot of tagging:
http://taginfo.osm.org/tags/man_made=weighing_scale#overview
There are also 12 amenity=truck_scale

For those weighing stations I'd see them as a bigger object with the scale
just being a part of it (if I understand that correctly), could be
something like amenity or highway=weighing_station

Cheers,
Martin