On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> In continuing mapping destination tag on highways based on Mapillary
>> imagery, I've come across the problem of how to tag weigh stations on
>> Interstate highways (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weigh_station). I
>> haven't found anything in the wiki, and I don't know enough how they work
>> to come up with reasonable tagging.
>>

> For those weighing stations I'd see them as a bigger object with the scale
> just being a part of it (if I understand that correctly), could be
> something like amenity or highway=weighing_station

I've used the amenity=weighbridge for weigh stations and "truck scales" at
farms and, say, quarries.   weighbridge was odd for may American thinking.
That may be the reason that it is hard to find in the OSM wiki.  The tag
page has a list of variations.  The page also wonders if the feature was
ever voted on.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dweighbridge
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Truck_scale
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_Features/Truck_scale