On 2015-03-31 00:36, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

On 03/31/2015 08:04 AM, Natfoot wrote:
There is so many situations where to his naked eye on the ground he may
not be able to see it.  To a person like myself I can still find the
signs on the earth of where the railroad once was.

Then map the signs that *are*, but not the railroad which - as you
correctly say - once *was*.

For many rights of way, the main remaining feature is a greenway cutting across farmland -- something you can easily armchair map, even. Personally, I'd rather map that ROW as a railway=abandoned way than as a natural=wood area, just as I avoid mapping roads as areas. On the ground, meanwhile, you'd tend to find no trespassing signs on railbanked ROWs, no?

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us