On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen a number in US with crown height low enough that emergency
> vehicle can go right over and trailers can cheat up.

Right, that's normal usage, but an actual mini roundabout is literally just
painted on the ground, not a raised apron.

> For USAn usage, even if they are eligible for tagging as a mini roundabout
> node, that may be  confusing. Routing of "third right on roundabout" works
> ... "Left at intersection" could be dangerous advice.

Does it do harm to treat a mini as a regular roundabout in the land that
> isn't even doing big roundabouts right yet?

 Hence the distinction on the mini roundabout I mentioned at the start of
the thread versus Clifford's example, based on prevalent global usage and
the wiki documentation.