On 11/19/2017 5:48 PM, Douglas Hembry wrote:
I told glebius that I wanted to find out  what the
community thought. Is this just one more valid optional way of mapping?
To be recommended for adoption if possible? Or to be avoided? Thoughts?

I have this situation locally where much of the adjacent landuse was created as multipolygon. It definitely takes longer to modify these areas for new construction. That is in JOSM without that special toolbox which I hadn't used before.

  I can't imagine what it must be like for a newcomer (with any editor).