On 20/11/2017 17:58, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
...  Glebius is right in my backyard and I've found his coastal "restructurings" (e.g.
http://www.osm.org/changeset/46756097) to be bizarre and unnecessary, often overwriting correct official (county GIS
imported) data simply to not "share some nodes" or "improve the mess."  He claims that "the
consensus in Russia is that advanced polygons is the way to go."  Well, not here, I assure both Glebuis and the
talk-us list of that unequivocally.

I'm not a local, just an occasional visitor to the area, but have certainly had similar conversations with non-local mappers deciding that (for example) a car park near me should be composed of 4 separate ways each part of 2 or 3 multipolygons.  The thing that's in shortest supply in OSM is mappers, and anything that prevents people from contributing should be frowned upon.

I'm guessing he won't be reading talk-us but he does read and reply to changeset comments, so I'd suggest commenting there on any particular changes worth talking about.

Best Regards,

Andy