While I agree that national pride should be in how good the map is I think
that trying to eradicate nationalism in OSM is going to be a challenge.
It's too firmly entrenched.  Also I don't think calling someone a German is
racist, I mean it's a nationality more than a race.  Calling them senseless
might be mean or uncharitable but it's also not racist.